We have spent years trying different recipes using our products. These are some from Heather, some from Jodi and a bunch from your wonderful community. We are always looking for new recipes - please send us a message!
Chai Almonds using Spiced (Turbinado Sugar)
- 4 Cups Almonds (pecans or other nuts could be substituted)
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Chai Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Melt 1/3 C Butter on cookie sheet in warming oven
- Whip 2 Egg Whites until stiff
- Fold in 1 Cup Chai Sugar and a Pinch of Salt
- Fold in 4 C Almonds (pecans or other nuts could be substituted)
- Pour onto cookie sheet and mix with melted butter
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the mixture is browned. (stir 3 times)
- Remove from oven and cool. Break up coated nuts and store in a napkin lined tin.
Gingersnap Cookies (using Spiced Turbinado Sugar)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar plus
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Chai sugar (Roll cookies in before baking)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a bowl with an electric mixer cream together the butter, 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar, and the brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the molasses and egg, and beat the mixture until it is smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, the ginger, the cinnamon, the cloves, the baking soda, and the salt, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and stir the mixture until it forms a soft dough.
- Form the dough into small balls. Roll the balls in the Chai Sugar, coating them, and arrange them 2 inches apart on buttered baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies in batches in the middle of the oven for 13 to 15 minutes, until they are crisp and cracked but still soft inside.
- Let them cool on the sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer them with a metal spatula to racks and let them cool completely.
Chai Eggnog (Made with Chai Honey and Chai Tea)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of Masala Chai Tea Mix
- 1 1/2 Cup Boiling Water
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/3 Cup Chai Honey
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream *
- 1 Cup Whole Milk *
- Make strong chai by adding Masala Chai Tea Mix to Boiling water in a French
- press or tea pot. Let steep for ten minutes then press or strain tea and spices
- out. Set aside.
- While the tea is steeping, whisk together yolks, honey and salt in a medium
- saucepan. Slowly pour in cream and milk and whisk until blended.
- Place saucepan over low to medium-low heat and stir constantly with a wooden
- spoon or spatula. You do NOT want to boil this mixture, it will scramble the eggs!
- Stir until steam rises from liquid, approximately 6 minutes. Remove from heat
- and add strong chai tea. Store in glass jar in the fridge until cooled. Serve over
- ice with holiday spirit (spiced rum). Sprinkle with ground cinnamon or nutmeg.
*You may substitute almond milk for the cream and milk